[flashrom] Successful write report S25FL016A

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Dec 23 23:03:17 CET 2015

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 22:16:07 +0100
Márton Miklós <martonmiklosqdev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have successfully flashed a Dell D830 notebook (with discrete NVIDIA
> VGA) using flashrom from A14 BIOS revision to A17.
> This means two things: the notebook itself is supported, and the
> S25FL016A could be marked as verified for probe, read, erase, write.
> For the later one I have created a patch. I have forgotten to run lspci
> -vvvv, but I will do that and create a board enable patch soon.

Hello Márton,

thanks for your report!
I have marked the flash chip as fully tested and will commit that later
together with other small changes.
BTW, your write log does not really show anything useful because it is
not the original one. flashrom skips to erase and write blocks that
contain the same data as the file to write already (denoted by the :S
in the output).