[flashrom] BIOS on my PC. Need a little help or advise.

Alan Bruce alandbruce at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 02:32:38 CET 2015

Name is Alan.  I am running an older Compaq Presario Desktop PC the model
number is SR2264WM.  it is an AMD 64 Athlion model.  The operating system
is Ubuntu 10.04.  I just loved this OS and failed to upgrade before it was
too late as it is now unsupported.  So I downloaded Ubuntu 15.04 and was
preparing to install it.  All of a sudden my BIOS will not go to the boot
menu when I press the ESC key upon startup, like it used to do.  Although I
downloaded flashrom from the Ubuntu Software Center, I am unable to find it
on my PC and access the program to reset my BIOS.  So how do I access this
program?  Your suggestions and advise will be greatly appreciated.