[flashrom] Add option to disable the reading back of the flash contents at write operation

Márton Miklós martonmiklosqdev at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 21:02:24 CET 2015

Hello David,

Thank you for your response!

Your answer makes sense for me. In this case it would be useful to
refactor the "backupless" writes to read sectors only until a non 0xFF
portion found, and then mark that sector erasable or erase immediately.
In the case if the flash has non blank region this could speed up the
programming, worst case (programming a fully erased chip) it is going to
be equal in time.

I have not been aware of Nico's patch. Is it already merged to the
mainline? If not could you please give me a link to that?
Thank you!

Regards,
Miklos Marton