[flashrom] Phoenix BIOS with NVIDIA MCP55 ROM MAC Address Help Needed

compevo communications customer-support at compevo.com
Mon Aug 17 20:45:55 CEST 2015

We have a huge batch of these servers that our client has hosted with us.
1. They are Dell CS24-NV5 with a Dell rebranded GA-3CESL-RH Motherboard
and asked us to update the firmware.
2. They have asked us to help them update their firmware to support
6-core CPUs.
3. The problem is that no support or firmware files seem to be available
from Dell (the Gigabyte BIOS is not suitable because it does not
recognize or control the chassis fans).
4. flashrom has been great in that we had access to machines with the
newer BIOS.
We read it with flashrom but and wrote it back to one of their machines.
5. The problem is that it seems the MAC address is stored in the BIOS as
well, so it copied the MAC address of the source machine.
We cannot have multiple servers with duplicate MAC's for obvious reasons.

*What we have tried:*
1.) All the tools mentioned online such as CBROM, Phoenix Mod, etc...
have been unsuccessful (they cannot seem to properly access or open
these files).

*What we need help with:*
1. Can someone make a perl or python script to replace the MAC addresses
in the attached ROM?
Does it help if we know the MAC addresses currently in the ROM?
2. Or if someone happens to have the 1.89a factory flash for a Dell
CS24-NV7 that is even better.
3. Or if someone can modify this ROM to remove the NIC/MCP55 LAN module
that contains the MAC addresses (we attempted with CBROM but it cannot
read the ROM).

Any help would be appreciated.  We are willing to pay someone if necessary.

Cheers

--
compevo communications
http://compevo.com