[flashrom] Failed

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Apr 4 21:18:09 CEST 2015

On Sat, 4 Apr 2015 18:48:50 +0000 (UTC)
Julio Cesar Lucas <jcalucas at yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hi friends, i have been trying write Eprom Macronix MX25L3206E (4MB)
> Program "SPIPGM.exe is OK ! But, flashrom.exe -p rayer_spi -w boot.bin (not work)I have checked connections, port LPT and solder points. I guess nothing is wrong.
> Get message error "Uh oh erese/write failed"
> Attached 2 screens,
> Please, i need help
> Thanks in advanced,Julio LucasBrazil

Hi Julio,

the MX25L3206E is different from MX25L3205 variations although they
share the same ID. We have changed flashrom in r1657 to make that more
obvious to the user. However, these differences of the chips do only
explain the first two erase failures. The last two tries should erase
the full chip and that should always work. I have no theory why it does
not. You could try a newer version of flashrom but I can't think of any
change since your version that could fix your problem. Have you
connected all pins of the flash chip? You said SPIPGM is ok... but have
you tried writing with it as well or just probing the chip?

By the way you create log files with the --output (or -o for short)
option. These would be very much preferred to big (incomplete)
pictures :)