[flashrom] Flashrom not finding BIOS flash on HP DL585 G2

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Apr 3 17:55:51 CEST 2015

On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 21:27:18 +0000
Paul Lalonde <Paul.Lalonde at telecomcomputer.com> wrote:

> Unless there is another way to perform a BIOS flash backup of an HP ProLiant DL585 G2 server, I'd like to use flashrom for this.
>
> Results of flashrom -V -p internal, lspci, and superiotool are attached.

Hi,

I think you have found an old but still unsupported flash chip in that
server. From some lines in the log output I think it is plausible that
it is a Macronix MX29LV320DT or MX29LV321DT. It would be great if you
could verify that visually if that's possible.

I can probably add support for the chip without too much problems...
but I am not sure if you would want to test it on that hardware if it
is somewhat important to you...? :)