[flashrom] Linux Raspberry PI B - Spansion FL256S

Pascal de Marichalar pascal.demarichalar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 16:16:38 CEST 2015

Hi,

I use the latest version of flashrom from github: "flashrom v0.9.8-r1887 on
Linux 3.18.10+ (armv6l)" that I had built on a Raspberry PI B. When I run
the command line "flashrom -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0" to probe a SPI
Flash memory chip soldered on a board (I use a a clip test probe) I get the
message: 'Found Generic flash chip "unknown SPI chip (RDID)" (0 kB, SPI) on
linux_spi.'
The Flash chip is a 32 MB Spansion memory. On the chip is written «
FL256SAIF00 SPANSION ». I have attached the output log from flashrom.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Pascal de Marichalar