[flashrom] Flashrom - Writing Specific Sections of the BIOS

Hamilton, Kurt Kurt.Hamilton at astronics.com
Thu Sep 25 22:26:08 CEST 2014

To whom this may concern,

I am working with Little Board model 735, produced by Ampro, with chipset Intel ICH7M and chip “SST SST25VF016B”. The board has a linux distro installed on it.

What I’m trying to achieve is to be able to write only very specific sections of the BIOS, and not the whole thing (I can read, write, and verify the entire flash successfully). I am not sure if flashrom can do this with layouts. So if someone changed one setting, I can read the BIOS and compare the file against a previously known good image, and only write that specific section to fix it.

I am curious as to whether this can be done with layouts some how, and would appreciate any help possible.

Thank you,

-Kurt

This E-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return E-mail.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.