[flashrom] Unable to access a supported mobo: P5GC-MX/1333

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Sep 19 17:41:03 CEST 2014

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:21:12 -0400
Jerrad Pierce <belg4mit at pthbb.org> wrote:

> >there is no need for that parameter. Actually, it is the reason
> >flashrom aborts. :)
> I see. I tried that initially, but then I get the following warning,
> which seems to conflict with the listing of the board as being supported,
> so I thought maybe the tool needed me to be more specific
>
> [snip]
> Found chipset "Intel ICH7/ICH7R". Enabling flash write... OK.
> Found Eon flash chip "EN25F40" (512 kB, SPI) mapped at physical address 0xfff80000.
> ===
> This flash part has status UNTESTED for operations: READ ERASE WRITE
> The test status of this chip may have been updated in the latest development
> [snip]

Normally, if a board is reported to work, we get to see a log file
including the chip... and if that's not tagged as fully supported
either, then we add this too. In this case apparently we did not get
a log... but I would assume that it will just work fine.
Also, this is not really a warning... we expect untested chips to work
in general, but without such we would never get reports on them ;)