[flashrom] Unable to flash Kabini with NetBSD

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Nov 15 05:11:19 CET 2014

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 19:34:45 -0800
Justin Hibbits <jrh29 at alumni.cwru.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 02:41:22 +0100
> Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 17:30:34 -0800
> > Justin Hibbits <jrh29 at alumni.cwru.edu> wrote:

> > > Reading the contents back, I get a different binary than what I
> > > flash in, about 192k into the image.
> >
> > Hm... the code that produces the warning above does almost the same as
> > a manual read and compare... does the read work reliably (e.g. do
> > files read always have the same md5sum)?
> >

> Yeah, I tried twice, before and after flashing the new image, and both
> reads are identical.  I could chock it up to a potentially bad read if
> the files differed from the flashed rom on a block boundary, but they
> differ at 192k+89 bytes, so I'm pretty sure it's just not writing the
> image.

Yes, it is definitely not even trying to write because it reads the
flash contents, compares it to the file you give it and thinks they are
equal. Can you please create a log with maximum verbosity (-VVV) while
you try to write and send it to the list, thanks.
It might also be interesting to look at the binaries at some point. You
can upload them to http://paste.flashrom.org/ (posting them here wont
work).