[flashrom] flashrom support for read\write word\byte actions

Peri, Chanan chanan.peri at intel.com
Sun Nov 9 09:29:21 CET 2014

Hi,
>From what I see, flashrom only support full erase\read\write actions for the entire flash chip.
Is there any support for more specific actions - like erase sector? Read\write word\byte?
If not, is there any plan to support such a thing.

I'm asking specifically about the DediProg programmer, but I'll be interested to know if this can be done with other programmers.

Thanks,
Chanan Peri
Intel Corporation |DCG, CSIG, CSE Controllers , SV MNG

Intel Israel (74) Limited