[flashrom] "S25FL128S......0" on usbblaster_spi

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sat May 31 19:28:57 CEST 2014

On Sat, 31 May 2014 13:14:08 -0400
Liviu Toma <liviu.toma at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks very much for the reply. Just to clarify, I am not concerned, I was
> able to flash the chip. I was merely sending the info as instructed by the
> tool.

Oh, but I am ;) It should work at first try and this is a bug.

> The inscription on the chip read Spansion FL128PIF (the next line reads
> 92599012 but I assume that's some date / serial number).

Thank you very much. So it is actually the predecessor of S25FL128S,
namely the S25FL128P. I'll take a look at the differences/possible
problems and how/if the chips could be told apart by software. Would
you be able and willing to test a patch for that?