[flashrom] enum test_state value for "depends"

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Wed May 28 12:46:19 CEST 2014

On Mon, 26 May 2014 02:37:02 +0200
Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> > > The template handling is btw something I'd like to move into flashrom's
> > > code. Currently we rely on some mediawiki templates to be set
> > > correctly. I'd rather define these things completely within the
> > > source... unless we implement proper theming support of wiki output -
> > > which we never will, hopefully. (The actual rationale is: we decide
> > > all kinds of formatting stuff in the C code and there is no reason to
> > > outsource some of them to the template engine of mediawiki).
> >
> > To be honest... he who wrangles print_wiki.c gets to decide such stuff.
>
> I'll put it on my todo list...

That's actually not so easy to achieve. The cells are currently styled
by inline CSS, e.g. the template for an OK cell contains:

style="background:lime; color:black; text-align:center;" class="table-ok" | {{{1|OK}}}

Of course we could just output this for every cell, implementing our
own trivial template engine in C (which just inserts the text as above
where previously the template name was printed - really trivial).
The downside of that is that it creates huge output, about 400kB
currently. That's not too bad IMHO... apart from breaking the form
text field of MediaWiki in Opera - but Opera is dead anyway.

I have looked for workarounds... using CSS in the html header would be
the most sane one. It is of course not possible to insert something in
the header from a normal wiki page, without extensions... there are
extensions to allow definition of CSS, but I would rather refrain from
using that and keep templates instead.

Another alternative would be some kind of page-local/inline templates.
This is also possible with extensions (using so-called variables) and I
don't want to use that for the same reason as above.

So my conclusion is to keep using templates for the time being, unless
someone knows another way to achieve my goal.