[flashrom] Asus M2N-MX SE Plus: flashrom -VVV

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Thu May 15 17:21:22 CEST 2014

On Sun, 11 May 2014 19:54:38 +0200
Antonio <aab at afoot.es> wrote:

> Well, I went ahead as this motherboard was supossedly "lost" (failure
> to verify with flashrom from debian wheezy).
>
> First, I've flashed an old version of the motherboard bios (0503), and
> everything seems fine: a lot of chuncks with the suffix "EW" (I guess
> it means that some modification has been made) and flash verified. Read
> flashrom1.log for the details.
>
> Second, I've flashed the last version of the bios (0602) and, even with
> some "EW" chunks, it has failed verification. Read flashrom2.log for
> details.
>
> Finally, I've used the very same command of the second step, and this
> time everything went ok. I'm writing this after rebooting the computer
> and checking from within the bios that last version had been installed.
> Read flashrom3.log for details.

Hi,
that probably was just a defect chip or slight timing problems... you
did the right thing in just retrying.

Although the names of the files you sent match the command line
parameters, your log seems mangled and I don't understand why that is.
Have you really sent the files directly produced by flashrom or have
you nevertheless redirected the flashrom output to files manually?

> All in all, a funny experience. I'll look for more motherboards to
> flash and I'll send the results.

Let's hope they behave a bit better... :)

I have added your board to our list of supported hardware and will
commit that later together with other small changes. Thanks.