[flashrom] at45db buffer overflow

The Raven originalraven at hotmail.com
Sat May 10 16:40:24 CEST 2014

Am 10.05.2014 14:00, schrieb Stefan Tauner:
> Thanks a lot for testing. This is a bit odd. Maybe there is another bug
> somewhere, e.g. in the definition of AT45DB021D. Please create all logs
> with the -o option of flashrom in the future. This guarantees correct
> order of messages (which is wrong in the write log you sent).
>
> Can you please do another write (best would be fresh random data easily
> created with dd) but with '-VVV -o AT45DB021D-write-VVV.log'? It might
> be useful to know the exact data too, so please upload the following
> images to http://paste.flashrom.org too.
> - The random image supplied to -w
> - The image read after writing produced by -r
Done.
VVV-Log is attached.
Random-Test-File: http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=2599
Readed-File after Flash: http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=2600

The readed file is empty! Uh! :-o
Has only FF and 00 inside.
> I would also like to know if another chip works with the patch now, but
> that's not so important. I have a AT45DB041D myself and will try on
> that too in the next days. I need to set up my equipment first though.
Unfortunately i can not find my AT45DB011D and test with this chip. :-(
But i search him and if i found him i made the same tests and compare.