[flashrom] MX25L128 Support

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Fri May 2 23:37:11 CEST 2014

On Wed, 05 Feb 2014 20:19:00 -0500
Brian Rak <brak at gameservers.com> wrote:

> So, I connected WP to ground (instead of leaving it unconnected), and
> reduced the speed (spispeed=8000).  Looking at a binary comparison of
> the original file versus what was actually written, it seems that it was
> writing parts of it successfully, but corrupting data every few bytes.
>
> I'm guessing either the raspberry pi can't handle the higher speeds, or
> I'm getting interference from something.
>
> Either way, I've done a couple erase, write, read cycles and it's been
> working fine.

Ah, there you go :)
I think the WP toggled due to interference from the clock or other
lines every once in a while... lower spi speeds might help with long
connects, but connecting all pins is way more important...

The chip is already marked as fully tested, so there is nothing left
for me to do. Lesson (hopefully) learned: *always* connect all input
pins of ICs, not only flash chips. ;)