[flashrom] SuperMicro H8QME2 motherboards work great with Flashrom

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Thu May 1 13:28:00 CEST 2014

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 05:36:51 -0400
Greg Tippitt <gtippitt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On the hardware section of the wiki the SuperMicro H8QME2 was not
> mentioned, but several others from SM were supported.
>
> I needed to upgrade the BIOS on my motherboard before I could upgrade from
> dual core to hex core Opteron CPUs.  It worked dead simple.

Hello Greg,

thanks for your report!
I have added your board to our list of supported hardware and will
commit that later together with other small changes. I presumed that it
is a H8QME-2
(http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/Opteron8000/MCP55/H8QME-2.cfm)
and not a H8QME-2+
(http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/Opteron8000/MCP55/H8QME-2_.cfm).
If possible please always send a (verbose) log with such reports so
that we can verify it and also look for oddities that might be
interesting for our future work.

> I tried to do the -z option to send in, but it said that option wasn't
> compiled for.

The -z option is similar to -L. The latter produces human-readable
output from the information stored in flashrom, while -z produces input
for the wiki from the same information. We use it to generate the wiki
input internally.