[flashrom] GSoC-2014 Flashrom project "Locking and unlocking of access protections of flash chips"

Allen Yan lexkde at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 13:58:04 CET 2014

Hi, David,
   I was reading flashrom code base following the internal programmer
way. I also read mail
"http://www.flashrom.org/pipermail/flashrom/2013-March/010704.html"
and checked the Ibex peak datasheet about ME firmware. Here are some
questions:
about "Locking and unlocking of access protections of flash chips"
 1 which mechanism locks the flash?a software  way or a hardware way
by the programmer. As in the Atmel AT25DL161, the protection ways are
"hardware protection, using WP pin", "Sector lockdown with permanent
freeze option", "individual sector protection with global
protect/unprotect feature".
 2 Does this problem concerns the ME firmware issue.
 3 How to do the test? Is the test at specific mainboard and flash chip enough?
 4 How to value the work at last as stefan mentioned in the suggestion?

Actually, a little frustrating after I saw stefanct's mail.