[flashrom] [Ubuntu] Dediprog SF100 support with Winbond W25Q64FW

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Wed Mar 5 01:14:33 CET 2014

Hi Kurt,

Am 24.02.2014 09:29 schrieb Kurt Qiao:
>   hope anyone can help me out, i try to implement flashrom to support
> dediprog SF100 on my Ubuntu. config as below:
>   OS: Ubuntu12.04 X64
>   Dediprog: SF100, fm ver: 5.5.0

We only have tested flashrom support with SF100 firmware versions from
2.0 to 5.2. It should work with firmware version 5.5, but we have not
tested it.

>   SPI ROM: winbond W25Q64FW, id 0xef 6017
>
>   plugging my SF100, and use below cmd
>   flashrom -p dediprog -V
>   i can see the program detect my sf100 but fail to detect the SPI ROM. log
> as attached file.
>   ---log----
>   Probing for Winbond W25Q64.V, 8192 kB: RDID byte 0 parity violation.
> probe_spi_rdid_generic: id1 0x53, id2 0x4631
>  ----log---
>
>    as the log shows, seems flashrom read SPI ROM id is 0x53, 0x4631, but
> actually my SPI ROM on board is winbond with id 0xef, 0x6017(i confirm this
> with windows dediprog).
>    so i have no idea why flashrom detect wrong id, and the flashchips.h
> already have WINBOND_NEX_W25Q64_W  0x6017 support.

0x53 0x46 0x31 is the string "SF1". This string is returned by the SF100
if we query the firmware version.
I think we have a bug in the dediprog firmware or in the dediprog driver
or in libusb. Which version of libusb are you using?

http://www.hailfinger.org/