[flashrom] Tested AT25DF161

Alex K lepik.stv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 20:12:15 CET 2014

Hello I tested for cleaning work, reading, writing, memory AT25DF161 using
Bus Pirate v4.
Used:
flashrom v0.9.6.1-r1704 on Windows 6.1 (x86)
flashrom was built with GCC 4.7.2, little endian
Baud rate is 115200.
Detected Bus Pirate hardware v4
Detected Bus Pirate firmware 6.2 ("v6.2-beta1")
Using SPI command set v2.
SPI speed is 8MHz
Raw bitbang mode version 1
Raw SPI mode version 1
The following protocols are supported: SPI.
Probing for Atmel AT25DF161, 2048 kB: probe_spi_rdid_generic: id1 0x1f, id2
0x4602
Found Atmel flash chip "AT25DF161" (2048 kB, SPI) on buspirate_spi.
Ignoring security lockdown (if present)
Ignoring status register byte 2
Chip status register is 0x0c.
Chip status register: Sector Protection Register Lock (SRPL) is not set
Chip status register: Bit 6 is not set
Chip status register: Erase/Program Error (EPE) is not set
Chip status register: WP# pin (WPP) is asserted
Chip status register: Software Protection Status (SWP): all sectors are
protected
Chip status register: Write Enable Latch (WEL) is not set
Chip status register: Write In Progress (WIP/BUSY) is not set
===

Initially, there was a problem with the use of long cables (> 20 cm).
After verification of the firmware did not pass.
Replaced wires from Bus Pirate at length (10cm), all turned out. Many
thanks for the utility. I think that you can remove the status UNTESTED
with this chip. Thank you again.
I think it is reasonable to point out the page on the wiki that the length
of wire for the Bus Pirate is very desirable <= 10 cm, to avoid many
mistakes. This saves the trouble of starting recording, reading chips.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Russia.

--
С уважением Алексей