[flashrom] Unable to flash MX25L3206E

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jun 5 15:38:03 CEST 2014

On Thu, 5 Jun 2014 00:10:31 +0200
HyDzFR <jean at hydz.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
> I try to flash a mx25L3206E from macronix with flashrom 0.9.7-r1817 with a raspberry pi via spi. The chip is on the motherboard.
>  I've disconnect Vcc from motherboard. Flashrom failed to erase the chip and say "flash chip is in an unknow state ».
> I launch the following command:
> sudo flashrom -w XXX.bin -V -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0 -c MX25L3206E
>
> Here is the output
>
> http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=2621

AFAIK this was handled successfully eventually:

<stefanct> 05 00:44:13 hydz: have you connected all input pins of the flash chip?
<hydz> 05 00:51:49 hi stefanct yes i wrap vcc hold and wp together
<hydz> 05 00:52:10 but i just remove resistor between raspberry and flash chip and it's done :)
<stefanct> 05 00:52:26 k
<hydz> 05 01:00:19 Thx for help it was very uncommon.At first time it don't work without resistor finaly do the trick without