[flashrom] Try to add support for LE25FW106/1Mbit spi flash

The Raven originalraven at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 4 16:55:13 CEST 2014

> Hi,
>
> I have talked to Denis Carikli (GNUtoo) about this. He has implemented
> the firmware for the Arduinos implementing serprog. IIRC you got an
> Arduino Uno which uses a second avr chip instead of an FTDI to
> connect the micorcontroller to the host. The standard firmware of
> that chip does not cope well with high bandwidths, i.e. it is buggy.
> Denis told me that reducing the baud rate supplied to serprog should
> help with that problem in general, so I would suggest that you try that.
I tried that, but it does not work. 1500000 is the lowest rate which
connects the arduino.
All values less gave me:
Initializing serprog programmer
Baud rate is 1000000 now.
serprog: connected - attempting to synchronize
........Error: cannot synchronize protocol - check communications and
reset device?
Error: Programmer initialization failed.

And with 1500000 i got the same error as with 2000000.
The strange thing is why it happens only with function1 and not with the
others?!
> In the long term we want to provide a fixed firmware for the
> communication Atmel processor. But he has no time and I am not too much
> interested into fixing foreign code... I'd rather work on my own
> serprog implementations :)
I hope it works some day. The arduino is very cheap and perfectly to
test/add new chips.
Normal (commercial) programmers are very expensive. My dream is that
some day
some one build a parprog which can read and maybe write parallel flashs. :-)
Of course, write is difficult, but i would be happy if only reading
(dumping) would work.
Should be possible with shift registers.
> I will commit your patch (with my sign-off) soon, as it seems to be
> fine. Thank you very much.
Yes it should work. Tested a lot. Erase with function1 is the only
negative thing i found.

Thank you for commit.

Greets