[flashrom] PMC25LV010E

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Jun 1 19:54:43 CEST 2014

On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 19:46:16 +0200
The Raven <originalraven at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Pm25LV010:
> Chip is recognized as two:
> Found PMC flash chip "Pm25LV010" (128 kB, SPI) on serprog.
> Found PMC flash chip "Pm25LV010A" (128 kB, SPI) on serprog.
> Multiple flash chip definitions match the detected chip(s): "Pm25LV010",
> "Pm25LV010A"
>
> I have tested all functions (R/W/E) with -c "Pm25LV010A" and -c "Pm25LV010".
> Both work perfect with this chip. No problems so far.
> So i ask me what is the difference between this two definitions.
> Think this chip is not an "A", but not sure.
> Tell me if you need some logs. And tell me what logs you need.

So far the only difference is the way we probe for the chip
The method used for the non-A model works for both; the one used for
the A version is only supported by itself but not by the non-A
(visible in your logs of the "Pm25LV010E").
Therefore your Pm25LV010 is actually a Pm25LV010A, at least if my
theory and hence the code is correct.