[flashrom] Confirming successful write for AT29C010A

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jul 10 13:53:45 CEST 2014

Hi,

there are 3 interesting points in your report explained below. I am
addressing Uwe in the first one and hence have added him to the explicit
recipients of this mail.

- The successful write of an AT29C010A. The write function of the
  AT29C010A was marked as "FIXME" by uwe when he added support for that
  chip in r520 a long time ago. I presume it is actually fine (now) and
  we can remove that comment and mark write support as working. Uwe,
  can you remember any details? Else I'll just remove the comment and
  mark it as tested.
- The W836xx message: you can ignore those.
- The unspecified DMI chassis type is a missing bit/bug in coreboot of
  that board (and possibly the original firmware). There is a whitelist
  in flashrom to work around that but i dont think it is worth it.