[flashrom] Supermicro X9SCL+-F BIOS (via buspirate)

Brian Rak brak at gameservers.com
Wed Jan 22 17:09:36 CET 2014

The Supermicro X9SCL+-F has an SPI programming header which lets you
access the BIOS without soldering.

The pinout looks something like this:

(orient board so PCI slots are on the top)

        DI - |             | - GND        CS   *    * VCC
     CLK - |   BIOS  | -  WP         DO  *    * HOLD
HOLD - |   CHIP  | - DO           WP *    * CLK
    VCC - |           *| - CS          GND *    * DI

(edge of board)

There is also a SPI jumper (J29).  I'm unsure of what this does, but I
had it open while doing this (though, it seemed to work closed as well)

Once connected properly, the BIOS is detected:

Found Winbond flash chip "W25Q64.V" (8192 kB, SPI) on buspirate_spi.

I'm assuming everything else will work, though I'm still waiting for the
initial read to complete.