[flashrom] Trouble disabling write-protection on Chromebook

Cory Henderson dcoryh192 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 17:23:20 CET 2014

With the chromebook powered on (be careful), and your multimeter in DC volt
mode, touch one probe to any metallic part of the computer chassis or any
known ground (could even use the ground pin of the flash), then touch the
other probe to the /WP pin (there was a datasheet sent out before with
pictures of all of the different packages and their pinouts). If your meter
reads 0V then the pin is being pulled down and the hardware /WP is being
enforced. If it reads 1.8V or something around there then it might be a bad
chip or something off in flashrom.