[flashrom] flashrom support for SST26VF064B

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Feb 27 08:11:43 CET 2014

On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 14:57:32 -0800
Wei Hu <wei at aristanetworks.com> wrote:

> Hi flashrom folks,
>
> I'm trying to add support for SST26VF064B after I got a patch from Elias. I
> made some changes to it after reading the datasheet, but none of the block
> erasing commands worked, and I don't know why...

I don't see obvious problems either, but I did not read the datasheet.

Two things I would check:
 - is there a write protection pin or register bits that might silently
   block any modification requests?
 - is the opcode sequence including wren? (this is probably done
   automatically by the ichspi driver, but i cant remember the details)

And you could test if hardware sequencing (or SFDP) works as a
workaround (but I doubt SFDP would behave differently for the lower
block sizes and some of them are obviously wrong in the SFDP table
anyway (or you have found a bug)). A full verbose log could shed some
more light on it too, but I doubt it.

If we get this to work we would probably like to commit this patch. For
this either of you must sign it off according to
http://www.coreboot.org/Development_Guidelines#Sign-off_Procedure