[flashrom] Foxconn NT-510: flashrom doesn't find anything

Daniel Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 07:59:41 CET 2014

Hello,
I have a Flashrom NT-510 nettop (Intel Atom D510, ICH7/NM10 chipset).
Flashrom doesn't find any chip while probing. Complete output of
sensors-detect and flashrom -V here:
http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=1966

When running sensors-detect to find thermal/fan/etc., it appears to find an
EEPROM chip while probing I2C/SMBus adapters, however I think this is just
an EEPROM that gives information about the RAM module, rather than a
BIOS/firmware Flash chip:

SMBus I801 adapter at 0400 (i2c-6)
Probing for `SPD EEPROM'...                                 Yes
    (confidence 8, not a hardware monitoring chip)

Does anyone else have experience with this system and might know how to
probe and read the BIOS EEPROM?

Thanks,
Dan