[flashrom] question

Magnus Johansson E magnus.e.johansson at ericsson.com
Tue Feb 4 14:21:58 CET 2014

Im working with a HW unit (similar to the ICH10), that has two SPI devices connected.

enum ich_spi_mode {
                                ich_auto,
                                ich_hwseq,
                                ich_swseq
                } ich_spi_mode = ich_auto;

And I cannot use the ich_hwseq (which is propsed) because the Intel Chipset is only capable of erasing:
00: 256 byte
01: 4 KB
10: 8 KB
11: 64 KB

And my flash chip, only support Sector erase/ or Bulk (but I don't like that one) and each sector is 256kB.

So how can I proceed here? As I understand I cannot use the hw_seq and have to go for the sw_seq. But then how to handle the chip-select? When Im running the sw_seq I can only use one flash device, ..

Thanks for support

Magnus Johansson