[flashrom] Intel 28F001BN/BX-T erase/write operation verified on 3C905B-TXNM

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Dec 30 11:36:48 CET 2014

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 05:42:33 +0800
Lu Xie <firexl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried programming Intel 28F001BN/BX-T on 3C905B-TXNM but it failed at
> erase/write. I checked that chip's datasheet and it says PIN 1 and 30 must
> be pulled to 12V to accept erase/write operation, but the card can only
> offer 5V at PIN 1 and NC at PIN 30. So I wired 12V to the two pins and then
> flashrom erased/wrote the chip successfully. Please check the attached
> output files for the two attempts.

Hello Lu,

Thanks for report! The successful log does not correspond 100% with the
first one: the failure happens at the very beginning of the flash
address space while the successful write does skip the first blocks and
does only erase and write the last one. This can easily happen
depending on the existing data and the image provided to flashrom. Just
to make sure... can you please elaborate what happened between the two
attempts that could explain what I wrote above?