[flashrom] Gigabyte GA-J1900N-D3V-1.x data

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Tue Dec 16 01:24:36 CET 2014

Hi coreboot and flashrom,

I recently got a Gigabyte GA-J1900N-D3V-1.x board. This board is
interesting to me because A) it's Bay Trail, B) it's got dual NICs and real
serial ports, and C) it's inexpensive. I followed the guide at

  http://www.coreboot.org/Motherboard_Porting_Guide

I put the logs and a README with more info at

  http://lackof.org/taggart/hacking/coreboot/GA-J1900N-D3V-1.x/

(and a tarball of that dir in the parent dir)

The flashrom output is from SVN trunk as of today to ensure latest chip
support.
In particular flashrom reports untested:

  Found chipset "Intel Bay Trail" with PCI ID 8086:0f1c.
  Found Macronix flash chip "MX25U6435E/F" (8192 kB, SPI).

I haven't yet attempted anything beyond that. I don't yet have an off-board
way to flash the chips, I'm hoping to order something soon.
If you have ideas of other things to try please let me know.

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org