[flashrom] Regression in r1833

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Tue Dec 2 00:07:45 CET 2014

Hi Roman,

thanks for your bug report.

On 01.12.2014 21:55, Roman Lebedev wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I had a segfault with current version of flashrom, and with some help
> from stefanct at IRC i was able to bisect it down to r1833.
>
> I attach backtraces.

The backtraces were very helpful in determining the bug. Can you please
edit jedec.c function
static int regspace2_walk_unlockblocks(const struct flashctx *flash,
const struct unlockblock *block, unlockblock_func func)

The line
chipaddr off = flash->virtual_registers + 2;
should be replaced with
chipaddr off = 0;

This is expected to fix the bug. I haven't checked if other places have the same
bug, but right now a test of the potential fix would be appreciated.