[flashrom] failed stumpy

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Aug 29 15:36:54 CEST 2014

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 21:47:32 -0700
Maison Pulaski <maisonpulaski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello John (if this is John?),

Hi,

no, we are the flashrom mailing list. Flashrom is the tool underneath
John's script that does the actual flash handling. John is subscribed
to the list though and should answer in more detail soon-ish, I presume.

> I got a scary warning error when trying to flash the Stumpy Rom...

25 bytes of the whole image could not be written. It is probably
harmless and just because John's image differs in some write-protected
regions which are benign, but without knowing exactly where the
differences are you can not be sure. If you don't get a reply from John
in a timely manner, I would suggest that you write your backup and we
investigate it further when your laptop is in a safe state.