[flashrom] Asus x75vd laptop repaired, thanks !

Alex schmurtz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 11:52:47 CEST 2014

Hi,

Thanks for this ! You save my x75vd laptop !

One arduino, one resistor on a breadboard. I use the improved 3.3v version
by Simon Inns but without 4050n because I didn't have this. The 4050N is a
non-inverting hex buffer IC:
http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/HEF4050B.pdf

See my post about it here :
http://www.waitingforfriday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3359

My Circuit :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/95gb5gh0yp84hog/2014-08-23%2018.43.54.jpg?dl=0

I used :
- Ubuntu to install and upload serprog-duino quickly
- SystemRescueCd (live CD with flashrom) to run flashrom with command line

I tried flashrom windows version withtout success
(command line : mingw32-w64-flashrom-r1781.exe -p serprog:dev=COM3:115200
-r coreboot.rom)

The hardest was to find a real rom extraction and not the bios given on the
Asus website (wich is smaller than the EEPROM)

Thanks a lot :)