[flashrom] FAILED: peppy

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Aug 21 12:54:43 CEST 2014

On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:04:43 +0100
John Lewis <jlewis at johnlewis.ie> wrote:

> I'm not entirely convinced that's necessary from a technical safety
> point of view, since I'm unaware of circumstances under which Flashrom
> will not read a chip, but will still write to it. However, I've added
> something in an attempt to exit out if the status is non-zero.

I am not sure about chromiumos' version of flashrom, but I guess it
will behave similar to vanilla flashrom: if it can't read the flash
completely, it won't succeed in writing either (apart from file access
problems for example).

> I'm unsure as to why this user is contacting you when this is my script.

I presume because the flashrom output told him so. That's the reason
why I have created the patch to change the support mail address printed
by flashrom. I have sent a copy of the patch submission mail to you too
BTW.