[flashrom] Try add support for SST45LF010

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Aug 7 14:57:22 CEST 2014

On Thu, 7 Aug 2014 12:58:23 +0200
The Raven <originalraven at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Can i lower the spi frequency with serprog? Maybe the chip is overclocked?

The datasheet states "10 MHz Max Clock Frequency". AFAIK you are using
an Arduino which has a 16 MHz clock, but the maximum SPI frequency the
CPU supports is CLK_cpu/2, i.e. 8 MHz, shouldn't be a problem.
Anyway, serprog supports an spispeed parameter but the programmer has
to support that too (no idea if GNUtoo's code does that).

flashrom -p serprog:dev=/dev/device:baud,spispeed=2M

> Or maybe this is a "clone" chip? Not a "real" SST?

Possible in theory, but why would it reply with 0x7fff to RDID
commands? I am pretty certain it is an electrical issue on the SPI bus.