[flashrom] Intel S5000PAL: Flash Not Found

Sean Everson sean.everson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 18:04:23 CEST 2014

All,

After further investigation we have found that we have 2 different
S5000 family motherboards.  The S5000PHB and the S5000PAL.

The S5000PHB uses:

National Semiconductor SuperIO: PC87427.  Full info is: NT633G -
NSC2003 A3 - PC87427 - IBU/VLA
Intel JS28F320 flash part.  Full info is JS28F320-C3BD70-A6247488

The S5000PAL uses a Winbond SuperIO: 87427F5-C/L1 A4.  (I am still
working with my IT folk to locate the flash part on this board).

The flashrom -V output in my previous message was from an S5000pal
board.  It appears that flashrom is not able to identity this chip.

Please let me know if there is additional info I can provide that would help.

Also, if someone could provide guidance as to what work needs to be
done to get flashrom working with this chip I would be glad to do the
legwork. (Or at least as much of it as I can.)

Thanks for your help!

--Sean