[flashrom] flashing supermicro X8DT6-F/DTE-F motherboard

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Oct 25 21:18:59 CEST 2013

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 11:43:37 -0700 (PDT)
Ryan VanRiper <ravanrip at yahoo.com> wrote:

> When you say "external programmer" do you mean one of the programmers available in flashrom besides "internal" ? or do you mean some other hardware box or JTAG ?

Yes. ;) Well, I am referring to flash controllers that are not
directly attached to the mainboard. The other modules of flashrom are
used to control these and many of them can be used to access flash
chips completely outside the host PC. Please take a look at
http://flashrom.org/ISP and http://flashrom.org/Supported_programmers