[flashrom] MS-7030 Mainboard won't program BIOS chip model other than oryginal

san san at plusnet.pl
Fri Oct 18 13:21:44 CEST 2013

Ok, case closed.

Found answer here: http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=95357.0

quoting:
The difference between SST49LF004A and SST49LF004B is that the 4B version
supports LPC / FWH Flashing, 4A version can not handle this.

I knew SOMETHING about this, but thought it is not my case.

This might be useful information in FAQ.
Also, more complete explanation might be found here:
http://www.rom.by/Art_of_BIOS_flashing

By the way, is it possible to add bios chip information (type) to support
list?

And how about 'soldering' write-enable? As in last link i found there is a
pad (#23) called "Write Enable". It might be possible to cut off this line
from motherboard solder 'programmable voltage', and program bioses on
not-enabled mainboards. Is that correct?

Best regards!

--
[ e-San.info | San at plusnet.pl ]