[flashrom] Raspberry Pi Pm25LD010 output files

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 26 15:16:35 CET 2013

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:18:44 +0200
Vasile Ceteras <vasileceteras at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've just recommented your utility to someone on a forum, and I noticed a
> small change on your Raspberry Pi page:
>
> The paragraph about compiling on RPi is gone.
>
> Compiling flashrom
>
> If you want to compile it from the sources, use the following line:
>
> make CONFIG_INTERNAL=no CONFIG_RAYER_SPI=no CONFIG_NIC3COM=no
> CONFIG_GFXNVIDIA=no CONFIG_SATASII=no \
> CONFIG_ATAHPT=no CONFIG_DRKAISER=no CONFIG_NICREALTEK=no
> CONFIG_NICNATSEMI=no \
> CONFIG_NICINTEL=no CONFIG_NICINTEL_SPI=no CONFIG_OGP_SPI=no CONFIG_SATAMV=no
>
> Is this no longer required in the newer versions?
> Thank you!

Hello Vasile,

it was actually never required. RaspberryPi support is provided by the
generic Linux SPI driver and that was always compiled in since it was
added to the repository (IIRC). The author of the wiki page likes to
"overdocument" things (which is still much better than not documenting
things at all :)

With earlier versions compiling linux_spi support only would spare the
user from specifying the --programmer argument. This is no longer true
- everyone has to give that argument on default, even if only a single
programmer is compiled in. I hope that clarifies the removal of the
compilation instructions.