[flashrom] Added chipsets

Steven Zakulec spzakulec at gmail.com
Mon May 27 18:02:16 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:25 AM, Николай Николаев <evrinoma at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi steven,
>
> 2013/5/27 Steven Zakulec <spzakulec at gmail.com>
>
>> Before I get started on the review, just a general comment or two.
>> If you plan to contribute in the future (which I certainly hope you
>> will), please break submissions down into blocks of 5-10 chips.  This makes
>> it so much easier for me, and any other reviewers, to quickly check the
>> patch and provide feedback in a timely manner.
>>
> Sorry, this is my first patch. My next patch i wrote with you wish. (
> http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/3896/) 8)
>

>> In the last review, I mentioned the Numonyx M45PE series (10, 20, 40, 80,
>> 16), should only have
>> +        .feature_bits    = FEATURE_WRSR_WREN,
>> set when the command is there.  It appears I may have been unclear there,
>> because instead of removing just the WREN flag, you removed the whole line
>> (the chips do have a Write Status Register- WRSR).
>>

>> Continuing the review from Numonyx M45PE16.
>>
> Sorry i don't know which flag must be used. You right these chips have a
> only WREN instruction, and i think if these chips doesn't have a feature
> that i exclude feature_bits. Maybe we will be able to specify the details.

Other people can provide more details on the general case, but in this
instance, with only a WREN instruction, the FEATURE line should be:
 +        .feature_bits    = FEATURE_WRSR

>> Numonyx M25PX80-
>> +        .voltage    = {2700, 3600},
>> The datasheets I've seen have it as 2.3-3.6V (rev 4 Dec 2008 and Rev B
>> 3/2013)
>>
>> +        .tested        = TEST_OK_PREW,
>> Unless I'm reading it wrong, it looks like you're adding this chip as a
>> fully tested one- would you mind supplying some logs showing that it
>> successfully does these operations? (write logs shouldn't contain all :S
>> (for skipped blocks) next to the addresses).
>>
> You right this is my typos, and i fixed them.
>

>> Numonyx N25Q00AA13-
>> I'll admit I don't really know how this chip works, but it seems there
>> should be a 3rd eraseblock from the description of the memory organization
>> (datasheet is Rev E, 2/12):
>>
>> Memory Configuration and Block Diagram
>> The memory is a stacked device comprised of four 256Mb chips. Each chip
>> is internally
>> partitioned into two 128Mb segments. Each page of memory can be
>> individually pro-
>> grammed. Bits are programmed from one through zero. The device is
>> subsector, sector,
>> or single 256Mb chip erasable, but not page-erasable. Bits are erased
>> from zero through
>> one. The memory is configured as 134,217,728 bytes (8 bits each); 2048
>> sectors (64KB
>> each); 32,768 subsectors (4KB each); and 524,288 pages (256 bytes each);
>> and 64 OTP
>> bytes are located outside the main memory array.
>>
>> You've got:
>> +                .eraseblocks = { {4 * 1024, 32768 } },
>> +               .block_erase = spi_block_erase_20,
>> +            }, {
>> +                .eraseblocks = { {64 * 1024, 2048 } },
>> +               .block_erase = spi_block_erase_d8,
>>
>> There's a die erase opcode, which I am unfamiliar with- maybe it handles
>> erasing a single 256Mb chip at a time?
>>

> You right this chip used a four 256 Mb chips. And 256 Mb chip has a three
> instruction subsector 20(hex) sector D8(hex) bulk C7(hex) erase commands.
> But chip N25Q00AA13 has a other op-code to initiate die erase command
> C4 (hex)
>
> So, how do you do a single-chip erase for this chip?

>> Sanyo LF25FW203A / LE25FW203A-
>> Thanks so much for getting to the bottom of this chip, and figuring out
>> which chip it actually is.
>>
>>          .probe        = probe_spi_rdid,
>> Maybe I'm reading the patch wrong, but you appear to be missing the
>> .probe_timing line for this chip.
>>
> You reading patch wrong.  The probe_timing line for this chip is present
> below in source code.

Okay- thanks for checking.

>> LE25FW418A, LE25FW808  and LE25FW806 -
>> For the LE25FW806A you included the small sector erase, but left it out
>> for the rest of the chips- any particular reason for this?
>>
> Because only LE25FW806A has a small sector erase op-code instruction,
> other chips didn't have it.
>
> What data sheets do you have for those chips?  The ones below list the
small sector erase op-code as D7.
LE25FW418A: 61709 SY 20090428-S00004 No.A1432
LE25FW808: 61009 SY IM 20090319-S00003 No.A0839
LE25FW806: 70208 SY IM 20070628-S00004 No.A0838

>> I'll cover from Spansion S25FL128S to the end tomorrow.
>>
> Excellent
>

> how to delete all versions of the patch and leave only comments in one
> thread?

Don't change what you're doing for this patch.