[flashrom] [PATCH] dediprog: fix SPI clock setting.

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed May 8 15:37:35 CEST 2013

On Tue, 07 May 2013 10:37:57 +0200
Nico Huber <nico.huber at secunet.com> wrote:

> > I am not entirely sure why the translation table was introduced in the
> > first place although dediprog's indices could be "stored" in the array
> > offset, but mixing the two approaches is of course not a good idea.
> The translation table was used to make it obvious that the speeds are
> not ordered (see speed values for 12M and 8M). As the value range is
> continuous, we could use the array index as value. But please, comment
> on the interchanged speeds, when doing so.
> Well, I see one flaw in the current code: The default value for
> spispeed_idx in dediprog_init() (2 --> 8M) doesn't match the value
> mentioned in the manpage (12M).

That's exactly why I started looking at it. I even had a patch that
changed the default frequency in the manpage already :)
No idea how I cam up with that stupid change... thanks for catching

Obviously I got quite confused by the 3 ways of communicating the
requested SPI frequency (the string, the index of the array, the
integer that is stored in the array and gets transferred to the
programmer). I think that is kinda awkward although I see the point of

I will leave it alone anyway since it is there already and we don't
know what Dediprog might bring us in the future ;)
I will however change the default spispeed_idx from 2 to 1 matching the
manpage and the default of Dediprog's CLI tool.

Kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Stefan Tauner

More information about the flashrom mailing list