[flashrom] Tyan S7066 (Intel X79) Read Unsupported

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Mar 15 01:10:17 CET 2013

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013 21:49:11 +0000
Mike Ruiz <mruiz at zynga.com> wrote:

> 0x5C: 0x03ff0030 FREG2: WARNING: Management Engine region (0x00030000-0x003fffff) is locked.

Hello Mike,

thanks for your report!

The problem is the locked ME region as quoted above. We are working on
unlocking it or working around it, but intel does not provide us any
documentation so please do not expect a solution soon (or ever).

I have added the board to our list of (un)supported boards (with an
appropriate note) and will commit that later together with other small
changes.

That's the first Tyan board that does not work :/