[flashrom] Flashrom erase failure

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Mar 1 20:08:42 CET 2013

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 17:19:46 +0000
"Racine, Michel" <michel.racine at hp.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have an AMD Persimmon dev board. I built coreboot and flashed it successfully; the board was operational.
> I have attempted to flash the original rom (obtained before flashing coreboot with flashrom -r).
> When I attempted to flash the original rom, I get the output below.

Hi,

you are trying to write the original image while running coreboot,
right?

You are using a very old version of flashrom. Please verify that the
content of the flash is untouched (by using the -v option with the
image you have written successfully last). If it was modified try to
rewrite that image. If that still does not work, please report back,
else update and retry.