[flashrom] Asrock E350M1 - flashrom erase failed

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Jun 30 22:51:40 CEST 2013

On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 19:24:57 +0200
Reiner Luett <diffusae at yahoo.se> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've pasted the output to:
>
> http://paste.flashrom.org/view.php?id=1675
>
> I tried a reboot after I've change the image and sometimes it worked as
> before, but in a few cases it fails. This also could be due to a faulty
> flashrom image.

Hi,

can you please upgrade flashrom to the latest development version?
See http://flashrom.org/Downloads#Installation_from_source

That alone will probably not change much, but the verbose output would
be more interesting to me. If my hypothesis is correct, then forcing a
slower SPI clock might help. You can try the following patch to
verify that:
https://github.com/stefanct/flashrom/commit/480fca837b9a8b0711b8371d7ce7acf7c8d357b5