[flashrom] [x60s] flashrom compilation failing upon patching

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Jun 29 10:45:21 CEST 2013

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 10:27:38 +0200
Tomasz Ostaszewski <tomasz.ostaszewski at interia.pl> wrote:

> > This is wrong. Neither -c ... nor -f is required if you follow the guide
> > in the wiki (http://www.coreboot.org/Lenovo_x60x).
>
> Those did not work for me, at least with stock BIOS. Agreed though, it
> will works if coreboot is installed.

With coreboot installed you no longer need to modify flashrom or use
bucts. Actually the modified version of flashrom does not even work on
coreboot. That is also the reason why step 9 undoes the changes.

> On the minor side, the step 2,
> i.e. flashing coreboot once it has been flashed to get the last 64k
> right, require stock flashrom with no modifications/patches
> whatsoever.

I think you are confusing step 2 with 10 here. Then you are right and
that was actually not mentioned in the tutorial until I added it (see
step 9) a few days ago.