[flashrom] flashrom vs ./flashrom

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jun 25 12:47:52 CEST 2013

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 19:59:26 +1000
oneofthem <oneofthem at lavabit.com> wrote:

> When I use flashrom it gives me command not found while when I use
> /flashrom it works.
> Whats the difference?

Hi,

this depends on where your flashrom binary is and is a generic symptom
of operating systems not related to flashrom at all. background
information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_variable

flashrom does not care how it is called, but if you have more than one
binary on your system (e.g. one installed by the package manager of your
operation system and one compiled yourself), you need to take care to
use the right one. flashrom prints version information on top which can
help, but i suggest that you remove all binaries but one.