[flashrom] Flashrom patch submission

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jun 18 18:26:55 CEST 2013

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:01:05 +0000
Greg Schardt <gschardt at ddn.com> wrote:

> I did add the copyright lines to the headers of the 3 files I modified, is there anything else I must do?
> I forgot to mention that this build I am making will be distributed in a commercial product. Will this patch fulfill my company's GPL obligations?

I am not a lawyer.
AFAIK you are obliged to offer the source code in the documentation of
that product (see §3a of the license). I can not tell if it would
suffice to just point the customer into our direction to fulfill the
license. Best would probably if you put it onto the associated webpage
as a complete, compressed archive (too) and mention that in written
form shipping with the product. But as I said I am not a lawyer and you
should consult one if you want to make sure you are fulfilling the
license. :)