[flashrom] USB 3 PCI Card support (request to add device)

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jun 13 10:56:46 CEST 2013

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 21:02:06 +0100
Philipp Post <post.philipp at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Stefan,
>
> >> it would be nice if you could mail renesas and ask them for differences
> in the firmware/flash access procedures between the uPD720200A and the
> uPD720201/uPD720202. if they are equal we might come up with something...<<
>
> Renesas replied the following:
> "Renesas cannot assist or support such an effort. In addition, the
> programming interface for the uPD720200 and uPD720200A is different from the
> uPD720202, needs different programming tools, and relies on proprietary chip
> features that cannot be disclosed outside of Renesas."

i was notified that someone else implemented a DOS flasher for the
uPD720201/uPD720202 in assembler. i don't have time to look into it in
detail, but maybe the existing code (and precompiled binary) is of use
to you.
http://komposter.com.ua/content/kak-vosstanovit-proshivku-renesas-upd72020x-2013-06-03
(google translate somewhat works :)