[flashrom] mac address problem with nvidia MCP55V-Pro

Ward Vandewege ward at gnu.org
Sun Jun 2 02:29:27 CEST 2013

Hi all,

On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 02:23:31PM +0200, Stefan Tauner wrote:
> I'd love to know the outcome of the stuff below...

This is a known issue on mcp55-based boards. That chipset stores the mac
address in the rom image.

A long time ago I wrote a script to change the mac address in a (coreboot)
mcp55 rom image. I've attached it. I assume it would still do the right
thing, but I have not tried it for a long time.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Ward Vandewege             | CTO, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: 25F774AB          | http://status.fsf.org/ward

         http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=859